.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Review: "The Girl who played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson

“The Girl who played with Fire”, the second novel in the Stieg Larsson trilogy, did not disappoint. This novel, more so than the first, truly follows the main character Lisbeth Salander. By way of a triple homicide we find out who Lisbeth is, where she comes from and the source of her odd behavior. Don’t get me wrong. Mikael Blomkvist still plays a pertinent role in the series but while the first novel was Mikael’s story, this one is all Lisbeth’s. This novel is full of twists with at least two that left my mouth hanging wide open. As with Larsson’s first novel, the beginning is all setup but then you reach a point where you can’t put the book down. I lost sleep on several occasions reading this novel. On at least one occasion my husband urged me not to take the book to bed, to which I reluctantly agreed. I truly enjoyed reading “The Girl who played with Fire”. It deserves 5 out of 5 stars. Sometimes I read a novel or see a movie and I think ‘this movie/book would have been perfect if this or that was changed’. I would not change a thing about ‘The Girl who played with Fire”. If you haven’t already, I recommend reading it--stat. I, however, am off to read “The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest”.

No comments:

Post a Comment